Making a Personal Connection
Dallas’s Red Violin Program draws sponsors for Young Strings student instruments
Inspired by the Academy Award-winning film The Red Violin, the InnovatorsTM of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra League utilize the concept of following the life of a violin as it travels from student to student and created an instrument sponsorship program that links funders and students. They raised $10,550 from 18 sponsors over the last two years for their Young Strings program for minority students.
Sponsorship levels range from $250-$8,000 depending on instrument size. Benefits last for 3 years and include:
– A Red Violin Program Certificate and a DVD copy of the film
– Semi-annual reports with a personal biography of the current student playing the instrument and a history of the former students
– Invitation to the annual Red Violin Program and Patron Party, where Young Strings students perform on the sponsored instruments and personally meet their sponsors
– Invitation to other Young Strings student performances
– Naming the violin
– Listing of sponsors’ names in the Dallas Symphony Orchestra Playbill
For more information on this and other 2010 Gold Book Award winners selected by the League’s Volunteer Council, see www.goldbookonline.org/award_winners_2010.