Good boards do not just happen: they take care, thought, and planning. This eBook features nine steps for your board to follow through the board development process, including:
• Identifying, cultivating, and recruiting prospective board members
• Orienting new board members
• Encouraging board members to become more active
• Educating the board about the organization’s work and context
• Rotating out board members to make room for new skills and insights
• Engaging the board in a self-evaluation
• Celebrating the board’s victories and successes
Included is downloadable content containing forms, worksheets, sample documents, and a PowerPoint® presentation for orienting new board members.
The Board Building Cycle, Second Edition: Nine Steps to Finding, Recruiting, and Engaging Nonprofit Board Members
A BoardSource eBook – Free to League members. Register here.
Posted November 15, 2012