Boards that have engaged in self-assessment are rated more effective by chief executives than those that have not. BoardSource recommends that boards self-assess approximately every two years or when there is major change in board composition and/or board leadership.
Board Self-Assessment Tool, newly updated! Now it’s even easier to address the issues that are unique to your orchestra board. This online, confidential survey is a customized questionnaire that provides important insight to your board, specifically:
• understanding of board roles and responsibilities
• performance against recognized roles and responsibilities of nonprofit boards
• areas of strength on the board and where improvements are needed
• commitment to good governance
• Results from the survey are intended to inform and support the specific work of the board, the board’s work with the executive director, and with the music director and orchestra.
Register now to access this tool!
Posted April 7, 2014
[Register now LINK =