Delaware Symphony general manager to step down

Posted on: February 3, 2015

“The Delaware Symphony Orchestra announced Thursday that general manager Diana Milburn handed in her resignation earlier this week, effective February 6,” writes Tom Byrne in Wednesday’s (1/28) Delaware Public Media site. “DSO President Charles Babcock says Milburn’s resignation is unexpected, and she gave the Board no reason for her decision—simply saying ‘my work here has been very rewarding, and I am pleased to leave the DSO well positioned for the future.’ At its annual meeting last June, DSO officials announced a projected budget surplus of $98,640 for the 2014 fiscal year nearly three years after the DSO was on the verge of closing its doors over financial woes. Babcock praised Milburn’s efforts during the organization’s recent turbulent times. ‘We wish Diana all the best in her future pursuits,” said Babcock in a statement. ‘She is a talented arts administrator and does indeed leave the DSO well-positioned for the years ahead.’ Babcock adds the DSO Board is working to identify an interim General Manager and starting the process of finding a permanent successor.”

Posted February 3, 2015