Now through March 8, the Nashville Symphony is accepting applications for its Composer Lab & Workshop, which offers young composers the opportunity to hear their music performed by the Nashville Symphony, receive mentoring and feedback from orchestra professionals, and potentially earn a performance of their work on a future Nashville Symphony program. The Composer Lab & Workshop is led by Nashville Symphony Music Director Giancarlo Guerrero and Workshop Director Aaron Jay Kernis. In the lab, fellows participate in a hands-on learning experience with workshop sessions covering key aspects of composing, performing, and music industry practices, including:
• Reading sessions with the Nashville Symphony
• Individual mentoring sessions with Giancarlo Guerrero and Aaron Jay Kernis
• Meetings with composers and other classical music professionals
• Group meetings with Nashville Symphony musicians to sharpen instrumental writing
• A “Business Essentials for Composers” briefing, covering copyrights, licenses, contracts and negotiations, commissions, publishing, and more
For information and to apply, visit https://www.nashvillesymphony.org/about/composer-lab/. The submission deadline is March 8, 2019 at 11:59pm (CST). Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted February 4, 2019