The League of American Orchestras’ new website—americanorchestras.org—is now live. In addition to featuring eye-catching photos of League-member orchestras, the new site makes information much easier to find with a filtered search function—and it’s all browsable on any device. Some highlights:
• Accessing information on COVID-19 and other timely topics has become much easier, via a topic-based menu and filtered search.
• The Advocate menu contains resources that help orchestras tell their stories, connect with government officials, and stay up to date about key policy issues.
• The new Envision section is a showcase of forward-looking and inspiring items about the field. This content will be refreshed regularly, with guest curators who will share their own perspectives.
• Throughout the site, photos submitted by League members will capture the vitality of the art form. The site will feature new member photos on an ongoing basis.
• Symphony magazine has a new landing page spotlighting the most recent editions, with archival issues to be added in the coming weeks.
• The new Member Spotlight section focuses on individuals in the orchestra field, with each person’s custom-crafted Spotify playlist. Right now: Anwar Nasir from the Omaha Symphony.
More content is on the way, including the updated Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Resource Center. Visit americanorchestras.org.