Seattle Symphony to perform at “Mayors’ Concert for Ukraine and Refugees Worldwide” on April 4

Posted on: March 23, 2022

Conductor Dalia Stasveska, pianist Pierre-Laurent Aimard, and the Seattle Symphony at a March 3, 2022 concert in Benaroya Hall that included a performance of the Ukrainian national anthem. Photo: James Holt/Seattle Symphony

“Three dozen mayors will join King County Executive Dow Constantine in April to host a fundraising concert at the Seattle Symphony,” writes Lucas Combos in Tuesday’s (3/22) Patch (Seattle). “The ‘Mayors’ Concert for Ukraine and Refugees Worldwide’ will feature Ukrainian performers across the region, conducted by [former Seattle Symphony Music Director] Ludovic Morlot at Seattle’s Benaroya Hall on April 4. Residents can pre-register to receive up to four free tickets, and the event will also be live-streamed by KING and the Seattle Symphony and broadcast on KONG-TV and Seattle Channel…. 70 percent of donations will go toward helping Ukrainian refugees in Europe and King County via the International Rescue Committee and the Ukrainian Community Center of Washington. The other 30 percent will support services for all refugee groups in King County…. [An] estimated ten million people … were forced to flee their homes in Ukraine … ‘We are grateful for the strong support the people of Seattle and beyond have shown us,’ said Valeriy Goloborodko, the Honorary Consul General of Ukraine in Seattle. ‘The Symphony’s musicians volunteering for this concert is yet another example of how people are contributing so much to help the people of Ukraine.’ ”